Hardly had the New Year started than I found out that I had been given an award by Sandra Danby for loyally reading her blog over the last few months. You can find her blog here.
It is such a lovely blog about Sandra’s life in Spain and it has been my absolute pleasure to check it every week to find out what has been happening in her part of the world. Sandra is also an experienced writer so she has often had words of wisdom for me in my new writing life which have been much appreciated. So I’d like to say a big thank you to her for giving this award to me.
Now, a brief mention of The Rules for this award, which are:-
- Thank the person who offered it to you and link to their site.
- Display the award on your site and write a post about it.
- Present 15 or so other bloggers with the award and let them know about it.
- Write 7 things about yourself.
- List the Rules.
So I would like to take a moment to link to some other great people who have started following me since I began my own blog.
1. John writes thought-provoking poems on his site.
2. Alana supports and inspires other writers here.
3. Jenny is a book-blogger.
4. Kimberley is a writer and blogs about it.
5. Lisen is also a writer and blogs about her writing journey.
6. Diana is also a writer and blogger.
7. Another writer trying to establish a daily ritual of writing.
8. Taylor is a writer of fiction and micro-fiction and is also heavily involved in NaNoWriMo.
9. This site is described as a library of literary interestingness!
10. Crissi is an author, writer and blogger.
Now for some things about me.
* I love Marmite 😉
* I have two cats, Charlie and Miley (named pre-twerking era)
* I speak French fluently and a number of other European languages less so.
* I love to sing.
* Three of my heroes are Billy Joel, Barbra Streisand and Dustin Hoffman and I have seen them all perform live.
* My maternal grandfather was Czechoslovakian.
* I have studied about wine to diploma level.
So I would encourage you to go and look at these sites and thank you to them all and to you for continuing to read my blog.