Today, I can celebrate, at last, the joy and wonder of being a published author with you, the readers of my blog. I started celebrating yesterday with my family, as you can see from the picture of the cake on the left. Doesn’t it look amazing? It was very difficult having to cut into it but we forced ourselves! We have raised a glass today to my book as well and it feels very good to have made it this far.
I couldn’t have made it this far though without some help along the way and some of those people are thanked directly in the acknowledgements section of my book. However, I have also been lucky enough to make so many new friends on social media and whilst I can’t thank everyone individually, I would like to thank everyone who has got to know me through this blog or via Twitter or Facebook, or indeed via any other social media site. It has been an absolute pleasure to make so many new friends.
Some of those people have also been kind enough to host me on their own blogs both in the run-up to my publication day today and during this week to come and I would like to thank them so much for their time and their generous efforts on my behalf. I am truly grateful to them all. I would like to thank Heidi-Jo Swain for hosting me on her blog last Monday and Rebecca Bradley for hosting me on hers last Friday. Please do go and take another look if you get the chance. Every guest post has been slightly different and there may be something you still don’t know about me yet!
In addition to these interviews, I have set up a small blog tour for this coming week.
- This kicked off with my first proper review on my lovely writing friend, Cat’s blog yesterday. Cat is one of my beta readers but she has always offered me up-front and honest, constructive criticism and I respect her opinion. Here’s a quote: ‘This novel isn’t just about love blooming, it’s also about the risks involved in following your dreams, being honest with yourself and daring to go where that dream might take you.’ Thank you, Cat.
- Today, I am honoured to have been asked to visit author, Lisette Brodey’s renowned Writers’ Château in Los Angeles, for an interview with her about my book. When Lisette first asked me, I couldn’t believe my good fortune and it was a super interview, with some brilliant questions. So do go and have a read and see all the other fabulous authors who have gone before me. Thanks to Lisette too.
- On Monday/Tuesday, my host is Tracey Weller in Ontario, on her fabulous website, Nevertoolatetowrite.com. Tracey and I have only just ‘met’ through Twitter and this blog but we are already firm friends. Go and see what a fantastic post she has put up about me (around lunchtime UK time) – it has tweetable quotes and everything! Tracey has a great take on this writing life and I would really recommend you to take a look, especially if you are new to writing and you’re in what Tracey calls your ‘second act,’ like me 😉 Many thanks to Tracey.
- On Wednesday, I’m in Kentucky with Dena Rogers, who I met through another Twitter friend, Emma Wicker who is hosting me later in the week. Dena is another romance author and despite the fact that we only know each other virtually, Dena has been kindness itself in sharing her knowledge of the writing and publishing process. She shares my love of country music too and that has strengthened the bond of friendship between us. Thanks to you too, Dena.
- On Thursday, I’m being hosted by Brooke Cottage Books. I contacted Debbie there about advertising my book cover when I saw that she was offering a special 4 week deal for just £10.00! There are some fabulous deals on the site all the time so you should really take a look. I’m doing a promo post with a rather special giveaway on Thursday so don’t forget to go on over and take part! Thank you, Debbie.
- Finally, this week, I am on Emma Wicker’s blog again. I met Emma on Twitter, through another mutual friend, Bill Cunningham and she has already hosted me on her blog just a couple of weeks ago but she’s so generous that she offered to do it again. Emma has just published her own debut, ‘Fractured Immortal,’ which I’ve read and thoroughly enjoyed. It’s a great vampire novel with a modern twist to it. So please do go and look up my post on her wonderful site. Thank you, Emma 🙂
- I have a P.S. – On Friday, I will also be featured on Bodicia’s website at awomanswisdom.wordpress.com. I am so lucky to have met all these wonderful people online who are so generous with their support of authors and Bodicia has kindly offered to promote my book on her site a week earlier than we had planned. So please do go over and take a look later in the week. Thanks to Bodicia too 🙂
All that remains then, is for me to offer you a virtual slice of cake and to raise a glass to you. Thank you for all your support everyone and wishing you all a fabulous week. Please do leave me a comment. I always love to hear from you.