I have now been nominated three times for this award by three lovely women and it’s about time I got on and did this. First of all, I would like to thank the people who nominated me: Dena Rogers, Linda Huber and Sharon Booth, all authors like me, at various stages in their writing careers and all friends I have made through social media 🙂
The rules are fairly simple.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate seven blogs.
As I was nominated by three different people, I’m going to be a bit cheeky and choose some questions from each person to answer 😉
1. How often do you read? Daily, weekly, monthly?
I read every day without fail. No day would be complete for me without some form of reading taking place. I’m currently reading ‘You Think You Know Me,’ a romantic suspense story by Clare Chase.
2. Favourite Movie?
There are so many films that I love. The one I come back to a lot though is ‘Truly, Madly, Deeply,’ with Juliet Stevenson and Alan Rickman, long before he was Snape and when he was a bit better looking! It makes me cry every time I watch it.
3. Since we are all authors, what’s one accomplishment you’d like to have with your writing?
I think I’ve already accomplished the main one, which was to write and self-publish my debut novel, From Here to Nashville. Now I would simply like to repeat that with increasing success many more times!
4. What’s the last picture you took with your phone?- A bit nosy, but I’m running out of interesting things to ask!
I took some lovely pictures when we went out together as a family on Mother’s Day last Sunday to an English Heritage property near us called Wrest Park.
5. Do you have a ‘sister’?
I don’t have a real life sister but I have three very good friends that I have known for many years and they are like sisters to me. I have also made some very special new friends online since I began writing and have met a few of them as well and they’re just as lovely in real life 🙂
6. What’s your favourite colour?
My favourite colour is blue, not for any particular reason but most of my clothes are blue! I do also have a special love for the sea.
7. What do you hope to achieve in 2015?
I really want to finish the first draft of my second book before the deadline of the end of August which is when I have to submit it to the RNA New Writers’ Scheme for reading. After that, I want to write a novella follow-up to From Here to Nashville. If I can do that this year, I will be well on my way to being an established author, I think.
8. What are you most proud of?
I’m very proud of being married to my husband for 26 years this year and together for 30 by the end of the year! I’m also proud of our two daughters, who I love to bits and who drive me mad in equal measure 😉
9. Which woman in history do you most admire?
I’m sure I will think of others after I’ve written this but one woman I really admire from recent history is Maya Angelou. I think her strength of spirit was amazing and I wish I had discovered her poetry sooner than I did. I also found out recently that one of her favourite songs was ‘I Hope You Dance’ by Lee Ann Womack, which has long been one of my favourites.
10. Who would you like to go on a date with ? (Excluding current partners or spouses)
Well, that’s almost impossible to answer but if I can only pick one…Orlando Bloom! If I could pick more though…Colin Firth, Aidan Turner, Patrick Dempsey, Charles Esten. I have a bit of ‘Handsome Hunks’ thing going on 😉
I’m passing the award on to Lori Schafer, Janice Preston, Helena Fairfax, Joanne Phillips, Cat Lumb, Norah Colvin and Heidi-Jo Swain.
Here are my questions:
1. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2. What is your favourite place you have visited in your own country and abroad?
3. Do you speak any foreign languages?
4. What is your favourite food?
5. What one thing would you like to do that you have never done before?
6. What single piece of music (it can be an album) would you take to a desert island?
7. Do you have a book that you like to read over and over again?
8. Which is your favourite season of the year and why?
9. Do you have any pets?
10. What’s your favourite mode of transport?
Over to you, lovely ladies 🙂 Please don’t feel any obligation to do this if you’re too busy and apologies if you’ve already done it before.
P.S. I could have included lots of other lovely women I have come to know online but I was only supposed to choose seven! If we know each other and you’d like to do it, do let me know and I will happily nominate you 🙂