It is always my aim to respect your privacy regarding any information I may collect from you, or which you may provide to me, in the circumstances set out below. I have therefore developed this policy in order for you to understand how I collect, use, communicate, disclose, safeguard and otherwise make use of your personal data.
I will only collect and use your personal data where I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with my legal obligations. For my purposes, this means I have sought your consent to collect and use your personal data, and you have given it freely.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU 2016/679), I, Julie Stock, am the data controller, which simply means that if you have any questions about this policy or about how I use your personal data, you can contact me directly for further information. To do this, please use the contact details at the end of this policy.
1. Personal Data I collect via my website – julie-stock.co.uk (the website).
Personal data that you provide to me.
I only collect personal data from you when you choose to interact with me on the website in the following ways:
- When you sign up to receive my newsletter and any free content, including ebooks, or other offers. For these purposes, I collect your email address, and your first and last names.
- When you use the contact form to send me a message, I collect your name, email address and any other personal data you provide to me in the free text box of the form.
- When you register as a user on my WordPress site to follow my blog and to leave comments.
Data that is collected automatically
The website automatically collects certain information when you visit, such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your internet service provider. I do not link this information with any personal data.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by various trusted third parties when this website uses email subscription services, social media account links, referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
If you wish to stop the use and saving of cookies from this website on to your computer’s hard drive, you are advised to take the necessary steps within your web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its trusted third parties. However, this may limit the services that I can provide to you as a result.
2. Use of Your Personal Data
I will only use your personal data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I use your personal data to:
- Process and manage your use of the website;
- Respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- Where you have opted in to receive marketing from me, to deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences/may be of interest to you;
- To improve my services and website through the analysis of information.
3. Sharing of Your Personal Data
I take your privacy seriously and will not share your personal data with others, except where I am obliged to by law, or as set out below:
- I share personal data as necessary with my trusted third parties who provide services or functions on my behalf and who require the information in order to provide the service for me. This typically includes email providers, social media advertising platforms for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that I have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with all third parties with whom I share personal data as described above and who are providing services or functions on my behalf.
4. Keeping Your Personal Data Secure
My trusted third parties have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the personal data they collect on my behalf. They maintain safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to protect your personal data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention Periods for Use of Your Personal Data
I will use and store your personal data only for as long as necessary, bearing in mind the uses of your personal data as described in this policy and otherwise as communicated to you. I review the personal data I hold at regular intervals and delete permanently or anonymise any personal data which is no longer necessary.
This website and its services are aimed at adults, and I do not knowingly collect any personal data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide me with any of your personal data, including your email address.
7. Access to and Control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your personal data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting me via email (email@example.com).
- See what personal data I hold about you (if any), including why I’m holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- Ask me to change/correct your personal data;
- Ask me to delete your personal data;
- Object to the processing of your personal data;
- Ask me to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Withdraw any consents you have given me as to the processing of your personal data; and
- Express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your personal data.
8. Change of Purpose
I will only use your personal data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If I need to use your personal data for a new purpose, I will notify you and will explain the legal basis which allows me to do so. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the old purpose, please contact me following notification.
9. Contact Details
My full details: Julie Stock – julie-stock.co.uk
Email for Privacy or Cookie Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org